Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week One or... One down and 20 more to go!

Hey ya'll, welcome to my first week results post! :)  

First of all, I'm not going to measure myself again for a little bit longer, for now I'm just going to post my weight loss, and then every month or so I'll post my measurements to see what I've done there!  So how did I do my first week you might ask? Well, I am now 192.5 lbs, down from 195, so I've lost 2.5 lbs which I feel pretty good about.  My body is also pretty sore from working out, but a good sore.  The kind of sore that you can tell is going to turn into muscles some day! Woo!

I think from now on I am actually going to post my progress on Sundays, as Sundays are kind of my day off from working out during the week and everything else.  Plus, it's a nice Sunday activity to blog about stuff.

So, I also set a goal in my last post to work out at least 4 days per week.  Well, it turns out that I am actually now working out 6 days a week, thanks to this item below. p90x.

I have NEVER bought anything off of television my entire life. But I watched an informercial for this product, and decided to go for it.  I started the workouts a few days ago, and they are TOUGH.  What I really like about it is that it gives me a workout that I have to do, and it really pushes me.  I've always had a problem with going to the gym for an hour, and while I'm there not really doing anything. Just putting in a little bit of cardio, lifting a little bit maybe, maybe taking a class, but never really having a focus.  

I decided though that if I'm going to spend an hour of my precious time (and an hour is a lot between grad school and having a family) that I needed to start making the most of it and actually doing something.  Anyway, so far p90x has seriously delivered.  I feel REALLY good about the hour of working out I am putting in, and know that in keeping up with it, I will definitely see results cause it is freaking hard.  

I still plan on running, even though I am doing this program, as I still want to be able to run a 10k, so I'm going to still run on our treadmill and work my way up to a 50 minute 10k like I wanted to before.  I also have to take some Yoga as part of my MFA program, so that will be in addition as well. But, I think the extra Yoga will actually help a lot, as it keeps me limber, and less likely to be injured for this intense workout program.  

So, that is all. I am way excited to keep going with this program.  It's amazingly simple to find one spare hour for your day to work out when you really put your mind to it.  I just spend a little less time on facebook, or watching tv, etc... Yay!  More to come later. Hang in there everybody! (including me!)

2 comments:

  1. Good work brother! Keep it up, and congrats on finding a program that's right for you. My sister in law uses that program, and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete